Pearl Harbor Day
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pearl Harbor Day

Sending out a special remembrance to all those who are still around that served back then.

I was saddened this morning when neither the local nor the national news mentioned this day in history.

Credits
    Savings
    **** the ****ing ****ers, I didn't forget!!

Neither did my Army Air Corps Pilot Father and 2 Marine Uncles, up to their dying days.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Sending out a special remembrance to all those who are still around that served back then.

I was saddened this morning when neither the local nor the national news mentioned this day in history.
    The only story I saw was on the History Channel. Sadly, Remember Pearl Harbor has gone the way of Remember the Maine and the Alamo. Soon 9/11 will be forgotten as well

It is a terrible shame how fast people forget.

If you have been to Pearl Harbor you will see that oil is still coming to the surface from the Arizona. The Hawaiians say that it is the tears from those who went down with her.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Local news did a good job. Don't have many complaints. Mostly I feel it was forgotten with 9-11.
    We have friends here who was there for WW11. Lee, I love you Brother,,, remembering you on this day. And Lee,,, I remember your brother too.

I haven't forgotten Pearl Harbor!!
    Semper Fi
    Lin

Well apparently the news networks remembered too. They had a 10-second mention about Pearl Harbor... followed by 2 minutes about John Lennon's death.

I for one will never forget, not now not ever.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    It was on the local news here in Canada....and the local Naval Club here has flags at half mast. God Bless.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Dear God, not everything that happens in your world reflects your goodness and grace. You have given us freedom to choose, and with that freedom sometimes we choose to do evil. Today we remember a time of great evil in our world - we remember World War II. We also remember those who stood their ground against great evil, those who fought here at home and on the battle fronts to insure that evil would not prevail. We thank you that in the hour of need you gave men and women the strength and resolve to stand, whatever the cost. May those brave souls who still remain here with us feel today your hand of favor and strength. In their last years here on earth give them renewed hope and an awareness of our gratitude for their bravery and sacrifice. May we never forget them, and may you honor them according to the grace you gave in those days and according to their response to that grace, then and now. In Jesus..."

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by hbharrison View Post
    I for one will never forget, not now not ever.
    I know I'm a day late But I'm with you sir. My Great-Grandfather was in the harbor during the attack. May all of our lost men and women rest in Peace.

A day late, but I did not forget!

I didn't forget either.

To show my respect I killed a few hundred japs in Call of Duty the other day.

Semper Fi

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistybluelady View Post
    It was on the local news here in Canada....and the local Naval Club here has flags at half mast. God Bless.
    It's comforting to know our neighbors to our north care and remember that "day of infamy".

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It just seems as though this horrific, infamous, historical day in U.S. history should have received alot more attention. U.S. history seems to take a back seat to whatever is currently in vogue and commercially newsworthy. God forbid that 9/11 will fade away from the educators of our youth.
    Then you get the thought that history repeats itself. History will always repeat itself if the lessons learned are never understood, reinforced and implemented. National defense is a 24/7 proposition. Someone or some group didn't make the right decisions on either day, Dec.7th, and Sept. 11th. History had indeed repeated itself.
    Prayers outbound to all lost souls. May they rest in eternal peace.

Thread Information